Every year, at least one billion children experience violence – that’s half of the world’s children. The JLI Ending Violence Against Children (EVAC) Learning Hub seeks to increase the understanding of better practices for faith engagement in ending violence against children.
The EVAC Hub provides a unique platform for a global network of academics, policymakers, and practitioners that are growing the knowledge and evidence-base of effective faith-based partnerships to prevent and end violence against children.
What does the JLI EVAC Hub do?
- Research: the EVAC Hub regularly produces original resources, such as the comprehensive 2019 Scoping Study on faith involvement in preventing, eliminating and perpetuating violence against children.
- Resources: the EVAC Hub also gathers and shares resources from other EVAC Hub Members in the resource library.
- Events: the EVAC Hub hosts events, such as the Seen But Not Heard 2020 web events on faith actors and child participation.
Join the EVAC Hub
Are you interested in collaborating on faith and ending violence against children? Joining the EVAC Hub is free for everyone. By joining the EVAC Hub, you will be able to connect and collaborate with a growing network of colleagues around the world. EVAC Hub members have regular opportunities to network, share resources and exchange experiences through regular meetings and events.
Join at the link below or please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read the EVAC Hub’s Scoping Study on the role of faith actors in preventing, eliminating and perpetuating violence against children.
- Catch up on our recent Seen But Not Heard web-series on faith actors and child participation
- Share resources and explore the EVAC Hub resource library
- Join the next EVAC Hub meeting by signing up as a member
|Carola Eyber, Queen Margaret University||Silvia Mazzarelli, Arigatou International||Andrea Kaufmann, World Vision International, Interim Chair||Neelam Fida, Islamic Relief Worldwide|
- February 26th, 2020: Spiritual Capital with Selina Palm
- June 1st, 2020: Faith Actors as First Responders to VAC
Seen But Not Heard: A 3-Part Series to Lift Up Child Voices to End Violence (summary)
- September 30th, 2020: Multi-Religious Perspectives on Child Participation, en español
- October 28th, 2020: Practical examples of child participation
- November 17th, 2020: Intergenerational Dialogue at Arigatou International’s Children’s Summit
2021 Hub Plans:
The JLI Ending Violence Against Children Hub will be discussing how to deepen the conversations around faith and EVAC. We hope to have news about regional partnerships soon.