Why we started the Joint Learning Initiative on Faith and Local Communities (JLI) Ending Violence Against Children Learning Hub (EVAC Hub):
Every year, at least one billion children experience violence – that’s half of the world’s children. The JLI Ending Violence Against Children Learning Hub (EVAC Hub) seeks to increase the understanding of better practices for faith engagement in ending violence against children.
The EVAC Hub provides a unique platform for a global network of academics, policymakers, and practitioners that are growing the knowledge and evidence-base of effective faith-based partnerships to prevent and end violence against children.
What we do:
The EVAC Hub regularly produces original resources, such as the
comprehensive 2019 Scoping Study on faith involvement in preventing, eliminating and perpetuating violence against children. The EVAC Hub also gathers and shares resources from other EVAC Hub Members in the resource library.
The EVAC Hub hosts events, such as the Seen But Not Heard 2020 web events on faith actors and child participation.
Join the EVAC Hub
Are you interested in collaborating on faith and ending violence against children? Joining the EVAC Hub is free for everyone. By joining the EVAC Hub, you will be able to connect and collaborate with a growing network of colleagues around the world. EVAC Hub members have regular opportunities to network, share resources and exchange experiences through regular meetings and events.
|Carola Eyber, Queen Margaret University||Silvia Mazzarelli, Arigatou International||Andrea Kaufmann, World Vision International, Interim Chair||Neelam Fida, Islamic Relief Worldwide|
Scoping Study Published!
Click on the Guide below for the scoping study findings:
- February 26th, 2020: Spiritual Capital with Selina Palm
- June 1st, 2020: Faith Actors as First Responders to VAC
Seen But Not Heard: A 3-Part Series to Lift Up Child Voices to End Violence (summary)
- September 30th, 2020: Multi-Religious Perspectives on Child Participation, en español
- October 28th, 2020: Practical examples of child participation
- November 17th, 2020: Intergenerational Dialogue at Arigatou International’s Children’s Summit
2021 Hub Plans:
The JLI Ending Violence Against Children Hub will be discussing how to deepen the conversations around faith and EVAC. We hope to have news about regional partnerships soon.
Relevant Hub resources:
- Terms of Reference for member expectations
- Concept Note– Framing questions will be refined further through the first phase of the Hub to shape the evidence scoping and policy dialogue
- Ending Violence Against Children Resource Library